Supplier in the Spotlight: A Total Solution CPA & Consulting Services, Inc.
An accounting firm can provide much more than just a service - they can be a partner for your company's growth. With over a decade of experience in providing accounting services, the founders of A Total Solution CPA & Consulting Services, Inc. pride themselves on bringing their whole selves to their work while simultaneously guiding their clients to success.
A Total Solution CPA & Consultant Services in the Spotlight
- Name of business: A Total Solution CPA & Consulting Services, Inc.
- Name of founders: Crystal & Noell Allen
- Date founded: Founded in 2005, and expanded and incorporated in 2008
- Date certified: November 2016
- Location of business: Indianapolis, IN
- Number of employees: 2 employees and 4 contracted accountants
1. What is A Total Solution CPA & Consultant Services?
Established in 2008, A Total Solution CPA & Consultant Services, Inc. (“ATS”) offers over three decades of combined accounting and business consulting experience to individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. ATS offers accounting, tax planning and preparation, business consulting, legal entity analysis, business entity formation filing, nonprofit tax-exempt filing, non-profit board development, management training, and several other business consulting services. ATS also conducts audits (including those in accordance with uniform guidance) and agreed upon procedures engagements.
2. What were you doing before you founded your business?
Crystal has 14 years of service with the Department of Defense as a civilian accountant. During that time, she developed and implemented financial reporting policy and procedures throughout the Department of Defense. Noell Allen is an Attorney and Administrative Law Judge (previously Civil Rights judge for the State of Indiana).
3. How did you get the concept or idea for your business?
Both of us understood the direct link between one’s quality of life and their economic conditions as well as the potential for unobstructed growth that entrepreneurship provides. With this in mind, we wanted to use our skill sets to support the growth of existing entities and the launching of new businesses and nonprofit organizations.
4. What makes your business stand out when compared to other businesses in your field?
We are different because we are truly invested in our client’s success. We buy into their goals and do all we can to support them in meeting it. It truly matters to our firm.
5. What are your goals for your business? Where do you hope to see your business in one, five, ten years?
ATS’s goal is to effectively touch as many businesses as possible and strengthen them through the development of solid foundations and sustainable processes. We would love the opportunity to launch many of the lessons we teach daily through an online training platform.
6. How has being a member of the LGBT community impacted your business, if at all?
While I am sure there were instances when we were not selected to provide services to individuals or other businesses because of who we are or who we love, that has not been at the center of our thoughts as we reflect on what it is to be a triple minority in this business.
Instead, we focus on the many people we impact and empower through employment, services provided, or simply our visibility in a community that is often closed minded. For example, Latrice Clark, a member of the LGBT community and one of the firm’s greatest assets, has significantly impacted the organizations and individuals she has assisted and grown in ways she wasn’t able to prior to joining the ATS team. This passion is what sets us apart.
7. How has being a Certified LGBTBE through NGLCC impacted your business?
We have had the opportunity to network with other business owners in an unprecedented way. In addition, our involvement has given way to new potential partnerships with other LGBTBEs.
8. What advice would you give to an LGBT person starting a business?
- Believe in yourself! We are often our own biggest critics.
- Build your competency. Never stop being better!
- Surround yourself with people who are experts in areas where you are weak and allow them to support you. Build a network of competent advisors—lawyers, financial planners, accountants, spiritual advisors
- And most importantly, live into your purpose! Allowing our purpose to drive our business endeavors has provided the necessary level of perseverance to be a successful entrepreneur.
Meet the Team!
Crystal D. Allen, CPA
Owner - Accountant - Consultant
Noell F. Allen, Esq.
|Latrice N. Clark, CPA
Vice President of Accounting & Tax
Latheresa Henderson-Diaz, MSM
Interested in having your LGBTBE in the spotlight? Email [email protected].