Join the NGLCC Internship Program!
The NGLCC Internship Program is designed for undergraduate students looking to collect real-world work experience. NGLCC accepts interns on a rolling basis. Interns are expected to work with every department within NGLCC to get a sense of their entire organization and expand their learning opportunities.
Applications for Summer 2018 internships have closed, and we are now accepting applications for Fall 2018.
- Affiliate Relations & Advocacy
- Corporate Relations & Supplier Diversity
- Digital Media & Communications
- Events & Experience
- NGLCC Global
- Operations & Strategic Initiatives
While working at the NGLCC, the intern will assist with:
- Assist in drafting correspondence to an international/national audience (key stakeholders, affiliates, constituents, press)
- Participate in webinars and education events on behalf of NGLCC
- Attend external meetings on behalf of NGLCC
- Research and monitor current affairs as they relate to global LGBT rights
- Any and all events that NGLCC will be hosting
- Office administration (answering phones, preparing and collecting packages)
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university
- Ability to take initiative and work alone when needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness to learn about and become engaged in a cutting-edge aspect of the LGBT movement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To apply, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, application, and a brief writing sample (approximately 2-3 pages), and hours of availability to the Internship Program Coordinator at [email protected]. Please note that applications will not be considered without completing the application form.
NGLCC provides internships on a semester basis – if your school uses a different time format, contact us, and we will discuss further provisions. Please indicate whether you are eligible to receive academic credit for your internship.