The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is a dynamic non-profit organization working to expand the economic opportunities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) owned businesses. nglccNY is the NY Metro headquarters of the organization focusing on growing the organizations efforts in NY. The NGLCC is seeking a Director to support the satellite office and affiliate chamber based in New York, NY (nglccNY).
The Director of nglccNY will oversee the daily management of the NGLCC’s New York City regional office and network of more than 400 local business, corporate partners and nonprofit members. The Director, with the support of a volunteer Steering Committee, will work closely with LGBT business owners to become Certified LGBT Business Enterprise® (Certified LGBTBE®) suppliers and will successfully navigate private sector supply chains and public sector contracting opportunities in conjunction with the NGLCC Engagement Center. Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of experience in supplier diversity or small business, nonprofit organizational leadership, or a related field as well as a working knowledge of the LGBT business community and LGBT cultural competencies.
The Director, in close collaboration with the NGLCC Supplier Diversity and Corporate Relations departments, will oversee the local certification process and outreach, as well as marketing and communications to business owners and corporate partners, including programs aimed at developing LGBT-owned small businesses and their utilization. The successful candidate should also have experience leading a team and organizing dedicated volunteers, as well as in development, fundraising, or recruitment of corporate partners. Public speaking skills and managing events are essential to this role, as nglccNY produces several educational, networking, and LGBTBE-related programs monthly.
In addition to the duties listed above, the Director will oversee and drive all nglccNY goals including recruitment and retention of LGBTBEs, prospecting and closing new regional Corporate Partners, as well as stakeholder engagement in addition to the organization’s mission of providing access to business development opportunities, including mentorship programs, live and virtual educational sessions, scholarships, and annual conference engagement to all NY stakeholders.
- Report to the NGLCC Executive Team
- Manage the nglccNY volunteer Steering Committee and dedicated staff member(s)
- Develop and execute NY’s annual calendar of events, Steering Committee meetings, and other essential programs, often held on weekday evenings
- Regularly represent the NGLCC as its NY leader at conferences, corporate meetings, and public engagement events
- Enhance NGLCC Supplier Diversity outreach in NY including conducting site visits when needed and promoting LGBTBE certification at citywide programming
- Recruit new and grow existing corporate partnerships and regularly update collateral
- Provide and assist in the connections and engagement between LGBTBEs, corporations, and government partners throughout the region
- Manage communications, programs and marketing to LGBTBEs and potential LGBTBEs, as well as general membership of nglccNY, with the NGLCC communications teams
- Collaborate with NGLCC’s network of local affiliate chambers to provide best practices and implement them across NY programming
- Manage and facilitate grant and other direct funding applications, implementation, and audits
- Oversee educational programming for LGBTBEs and other business owners in the region
- Drive all NY departmental goals, including the recruitment and retention of LGBTBEs
- Aid in the connections and engagement between LGBTBEs and Corporate and Government contracting opportunities in collaboration with Corporate Relations, External Affairs, and Stakeholder Engagement teams
- Drive and oversee all maintenance and innovation of nglccNY data systems
- Candidate must reside in New York, NY or the New York Metropolitan area
- BA / BS degree or higher or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 4 years of supplier diversity, development, or organizational leadership experience
- Customer service focused
- Passion for helping others succeed
- Attention to detail
- Solid communication skills, written and oral
- Must be adept at problem solving
- Must have leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Capacity to move 50 pounds
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization, as a part of a team and individually
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Active listening skills
- Must be open to domestic travel
- Public speaking and facilitation skills
- Experience with CSM platforms or tools ideal (Salesforce, iMS, etc.)
- Sales cycle experience a plus
- Ability to work in a virtual environment
- Must have reliable technology/internet and a secure working environment
The salary range for this position is $85,000-110,000, based upon a candidate’s ability to meet/exceed qualifications.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] with the subject line “Director, NGLCCNY.” Applications submitted without stated salary requirements will not be considered. Any questions about the position can also be directed to [email protected].
Women, ethnic minorities, LGBT people, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.