How To Keep Up Your Post-Conference Momentum
Hello NGLCC Family!
We hope you are recovering nicely from the exuberant experience that is our annual International Business and Leadership Conference.
As you may have heard, this year’s NGLCC International Business and Leadership Conference was our largest ever! We broke many of our conference records, including most conference attendees (over 1,200!), our largest number of matchmaking meetings (nearly 750!), and a record number of Chamber Training Institute attendees. This growth is a true sign of the momentum behind NGLCC and of the commitment our partners have shown to supporting Certified LGBTBE® companies and LGBT business connections.
We can’t let this momentum stop here. We have seen this organization grow from a tiny idea fifteen years ago to a truly global force for LGBT economic opportunity.
Team NGLCC is working around the clock to continue growing and improving the ways contracting opportunities, RFPs, networking, mentorship, capital, and much more get to you and your colleagues. By the time we all reconnect in Philly next year, we’ll be well over 1,000 Certified LGBTBE® companies and nearing 300 corporate partners.
But your business never stops, and neither do we! Here are some ways that we can continue to capitalize on the incredible energy we felt at #NGLCC17:
- Follow up with the connections you made at the conference. Whether a corporate connection you met at matchmaking or a fellow Certified LGBTBE® you met in the coffee line, the connections made at this year’s conference are invaluable. The influence of our NGLCC family is long and far-reaching, so don’t be afraid to reach out and solidify those connections over the coming months.
- If you haven’t already, get certified! Officially joining the NGLCC family through certification is one of the best things you can do for your LGBT-owned business. The weeks following conference is the perfect time to do so if you’ve been on the fence. Check out our website for more information on certification.
- Join your local affiliate chamber. On top of being a great business resource for Certified LGBTBE® companies, joining your affiliate chamber will allow you to tap into a network of LGBT businesspeople and allies ready to take your Certified LGBTBE® to new heights. Remember, local affiliate membership ensures your Certified LGBTBE® certification fees are waived. Contact your local chamber to join or volunteer.
- Be a megaphone for your fellow Certified LGBTBE® companies. Earning your certification or interacting with a Certified LGBTBE® at conference is one thing, but we want you shouting about your business and the NGLCC family experience for all to hear! Interact with us on social, put your certification on your website, or if you’re a corporate partner, speak about your #NGLCC17 experience internally to share what we’re all about.
- Use NGLCC as a resource to share your story. We love sharing the successes of our Certified LGBTBE® companies and partners. If you’re doing something big as a result of this year’s conference, we want to know about it. Drop us an email at [email protected] and let us know what you’re up to. We’re always on the lookout for Certified LGBTBE® companies and partners to showcase.
We’re looking forward to seeing many of you at our NGLCC National Dinner in November, and as well as the 2018 NBIC Best of the Best gala ahead of next year’s NGLCC International Business and Leadership Conference in Philadelphia. In the meantime, however, we hope you continue to make the most of this year’s conference experience and keep paying it forward throughout the community. Together, we thrive!
Justin and Chance
P.S. Have any ideas for next year’s conference? Fill out our post-conference survey here.