Join us to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with creative people who want to bring about social change through economic equality.
Supplier Diversity Associate
The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is a dynamic non-profit organization working to expand the economic opportunities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) owned businesses.
The NGLCC is seeking an Associate to support the organization’s flagship program, the Supplier Diversity Initiative (SDI). The SDI certifies businesses that are majority LGBT owned as LGBT Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs) and provides them with a suite of benefits that support their growth and success. Working within the Supplier Diversity department, the Associate will interface with highly motivated entrepreneurs in a wide spectrum of businesses from CEOs of digital advertising agencies to technology startups. The Associate will provide impeccable, responsive customer service to business owners as they navigate the certification process and participate in NGLCC’s programs.
This entry-level position is geared towards professionals seeking an opportunity to build and strengthen their small business knowledge, as well as become intimately familiar with supplier diversity as a tool for the economic development of diverse-owned businesses. The Associate will gain significant knowledge in corporate procurement processes, small and medium business management, and the central role of economic empowerment in the LGBT equality movement.
To excel in this position, the ideal candidate would be experienced in delivering excellent customer service, working independently and as a team with other professionals, balancing multiple projects simultaneously, and managing sensitive data. They would also need to exhibit strong written and spoken communication skills and have exceptional attention to detail.
The NGLCC is seeking an entrepreneurial professional willing to make a multi-year commitment to this position, as significant training and skill mastery will be developed. The Associate may be occasionally asked to travel domestically.
- Support the Supplier Diversity department’s goals of reaching LGBT-owned businesses, guiding them through the certification process, and maintaining their engagement with the NGLCC
- Assist department in guiding prospective businesses through the certification process
- Support department in providing exceptional customer service to business owners utilizing NGLCC’s programs
- Assist in preparing certification application materials and maintaining an updated database
- Manage regular online orientations which provide a comprehensive overview of the NGLCC to newly certified business owners
- Assist in marketing the benefits of program participation to NGLCC constituencies, drafting LGBTBE related correspondence, and creating profiles of business owners
- Ensure that the Supplier Diversity department’s hardcopy and electronic records are organized and up-to-date
- Oversee the direction of the SDI Fellow’s support role
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or proven relevant experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a professional environment, preferably in a client relationship or business development field
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Experience working on a team
- Proven record of impeccable customer service
- Experience with CSM platforms or tools a plus (Salesforce, iMS, etc.)
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] with the subject line, “Supplier Diversity Associate."
Applications submitted without stated salary requirements will not be considered. Any questions about the position can also be directed to [email protected].
Women, ethnic minorities, members of the LGBTQ community,, veterans and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
NGLCC Fellowship Program
The NGLCC Fellowship Program offers stipend positions to graduate students looking for part-time to full-time work while pursuing their studies. NGLCC currently does not have any openings for fellowships, but we update our site regularly. Please check back again soon.
In the past, we have offered fellowships in the following areas:
- Corporate Relations
- Supplier Diversity
NGLCC Corporate Partner Integrity Staffing Solutions is the NGLCC Fellowship Program Partner.
NGLCC Internship Program
The NGLCC Internship Program is designed for undergraduate students looking to collect real-world work experience. NGLCC accepts interns on a rolling basis. Interns are expected to work with every department within NGLCC to get a sense of their entire organization and expand their learning opportunities. To apply to become an NGLCC intern, click here.