National Legal Industry Council
The mission of the NGLCC National Legal Industry Council (NLIC) is to promote supplier diversity efforts within the legal profession and to increase business opportunities for Certified LGBTBE® law firms and legal service providers to work with NGLCC Corporate Partners and establish a referral network of legal services in the LGBT business community. To address the need for competitive and innovative services of NGLCC corporate stakeholders, the NLIC bridges in-house counsel, supplier diversity professionals, law firms, and NGLCC’s extensive network of suppliers.
Our Goals for 2022 and Beyond
- Create new avenues of opportunity for contracting, consulting, partnerships and more by opening membership of the NLIC to include all pro-LGBT law firms, Certified LGBTBE® suppliers in the legal professions, and certification-eligible legal services providers
- Host multiple legal industry roundtables, CLEs, and networking opportunities with all NLIC members nationwide to promote contracting opportunities
- Expand geographic presence and programming to the West Coast and deep South
- Expand corporate partner participation and engagement opportunities within the NLIC by directly engaging in-house counsels and supplier diversity teams to utilize NGLCC certified legal professionals
- Increase the number of law firms as NGLCC corporate partners through the National Legal Partnership program
- Continue to develop a relationship with NAMWOLF and other legal organizations which now include Certified LGBTBE® law firms in their diversity hiring and contracting opportunities
- Engage in educational and networking opportunities with legal service providers and firms that are members of other diverse certifying agencies such as WBENC and NMSDC
National Legal Industry Council Co-Chairs
- Cindy Towers, President & CEO, JURISolutions (NGLCC National Legal Partner)
- Nancy Mertzel, Principal & Founder, Mertzel Law (Certified LGBTBE)
NGLCC National Legal Partnership
An NGLCC corporate partnership designed specifically for law firms to maximize supplier diversity and D&I opportunities.
The NGLCC National Legal Partnership provides a unique opportunity to interact with LGBT and allied members, the LGBT business community, and NGLCC corporate partners who value inclusive diversity measures. These three audiences allow National Legal Partners to grow their firms through (1) recruitment and retention of LGBT talent, (2) purchases that support LGBT businesses, and (3) the cultivation of new clients.
Within an industry that has maintained a strong commitment to inclusion, partnering with the NGLCC is a logical next step for many law firms that seek to advance their diversity values while also attracting and maintaining Fortune 1000 clients by mirroring their inclusion practices.
As a National Legal Partner, a law firm may participate in the NGLCC Supplier Diversity Initiative in addition to receiving membership benefits created specifically for the legal industry.
- Listing as a National Legal Partner in all print and web material relating to the program
- Logo with link on the Corporate Partner page of the NGLCC website
- Support in developing, expanding, or promoting D&I programs at your firm — including NGLCC’s exclusive “How To Build a Supplier Diversity Program Guide: Legal Edition”
- One seat on the NGLCC Procurement Council (Over 200 Fortune 500 corporations in attendance)
- One seat on the Corporate Advisory Council (Over 200 Fortune 500 corporations in attendance)
- Opportunity to participate in Matchmakers and Marketplace Expo at the Conference
- Direct access to LGBT-owned businesses certified by the NGLCC
- Broad exposure at all NGLCC Legal Industry and Supplier Diversity events nationwide
- Recognition as a National Legal Partner at the NGLCC International Business & Leadership Conference
- Recognition as a National Legal Partner at the NGLCC National Dinner
- Opportunity to host Supplier Diversity or National Legal
- Partnership related events at your offices in Philadelphia and around the country
- NGLCCNY Partner Recognition for law firms with a presence in NY-metro area
Founding National Legal Partners
NGLCC National Legal Partners
Interested in joining the NGLCC National Legal Industry Council or becoming a National Legal Partner?