For almost two decades, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) and the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) have advanced LGBT inclusion across the private sector—not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it’s also good for business.
Every employer seeks talent, market share and supplier innovation. Promoting inclusion and equitable opportunities for certified LGBT business owners is critical to create sustainable economic growth and advancement for the corporate community and the broader LGBT community.
Supplier Diversity is the intentional inclusion of minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, disability-owned, LGBT-owned, and other socially and/or economically disadvantaged businesses in procurement opportunities to achieve innovation; cost reduction and revenue growth objectives. Long gone are the days when a business could simply signal support for the community. An employer’s commitment to LGBT inclusion has to be part of every business operation, including supplier diversity and procurement.
HRC and NGLCC have been proud partners since the first Corporate Equality Index and the founding of NGLCC in 2002. The HRC Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI) is the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer employees.
Now supplier diversity becomes even more important for companies who want to achieve a perfect score in the CEI. The inclusion of NGLCC Certified LGBT Business Enterprises in your company’s Supplier Diversity program will not only create cost-saving competition and innovation among the diverse businesses you utilize, it will now be an essential, independently scored criteria of your Corporate Equality Index score from the HRC.
Let NGLCC help make your business case for diversity & inclusion more successful and impactful than ever before! Contact us at [email protected].
About NGLCC Supplier Diversity Initiative
The NGLCC SDI offers certification to LGBTBEs, as well as a host of opportunities to enhance the visibility of LGBT Business Enterprises to corporations & governments seeking to do business with LGBT suppliers.
Corporations & government procurement officers can search for certified LGBTBEs through our exclusive LGBT supplier database, as well as meet face-to-face with potential suppliers at NGLCC SDI matchmaking events nationwide.
Certified LGBTBEs are eligible for scholarship programs, mentorship and leadership training, and other business development tools to help their businesses grow.
Benefits of Becoming an NGLCC Corporate Partner
- Include LGBTBE Inclusive Supplier Diversity in your upcoming HRC CEI scoring
- Listing as a Corporate Partner of the NGLCC Supplier Diversity Initiative in all print and web material relating to the program
- Personalized Annual Corporate Visibility Report detailing your company’s work with certified LGBTBEs and other useful engagement as well as industry comparisons and other useful information you can share as part of your CEI survey response.
- Direct access to LGBT-owned businesses certified by the NGLCC via database, matchmaking events, and direct referrals
- Representation as a corporate member of the NGLCC Procurement Council
- Representation as a corporate member of the NGLCC Corporate Advisory Council
- Broad exposure at all NGLCC supplier diversity events
- Support in developing, expanding or promoting corporate diversity business development and procurement opportunities
- Recognition as a Corporate Partner of the Supplier Diversity Initiative at the annual NGLCC National Business & Leadership Conference and NGLCC National Dinner
- Participation in one-on-one matchmaker meetings with certified LGBT Business Enterprises at the NGLCC National Conference
- Opportunity for NGLCC to conduct LGBT supplier diversity training for corporate LGBT Employee Resource Group, supplier diversity team, and diversity & inclusion stakeholders