Transgender & Gender Expansive (TGX) Initiative
The mission of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) Transgender & Gender Expansive (TGX) Initiative is to convene a group of diverse leaders that will improve and advise upon efforts to procure goods and services from transgender, gender non-conforming, non-binary, and gender expansive business owners, with the ultimate goal of economic empowerment for some of the most vulnerable — yet most innovative– members of the LGBT community.
Stay tuned for future programming in 2023!
The annual TGX Town Hall took place at NBIC Unity Week on Thursday, November 17, 2022. View the full program here.
“One of the main reasons I joined NGLCC was because I wanted to create a family-oriented foundation for my business and that’s exactly what NGLCC has been providing for me. Everyone there is so loving and they really want to help move your business forward.”
Founder and CEO of Stealth Bros & Co
“Since becoming an LGBTBE my business has really experienced an incredible amount of interest specifically with corporate suppliers and vendors who are looking for our solution…It’s been really overwhelming for me the amount of genuine interest in doing business with us.”
CEO of Translator
“As a Certified LGBTBE we often experience the advances of having this certification. For example, when companies engage with us they not only benefit from the comprehensive solutions we offer but they experience the added value of achieving their supplier diversity goals. This creates a win-win for us and our clients.”
Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Transformation Journeys Worldwide
How to Get Certified
After you have confirmed you are eligible for LGBTBE Certification, you should complete the following steps:
- Visit My.NGLCC.org to start your business profile and join your local affiliate chamber.
- Get connected with an ambassador from the NGLCC Trans+ Inclusion Task Force to help guide you through the certification process. Don’t forget that the NGLCC Supplier Diversity Team is only a call or e-mail away.
- Once you begin your business profile, an NGLCC team member will reach out to help you submit supporting documents.
- Complete a site visit with an NGLCC trained site visitor to corroborate the information in your application and provide more about your business.
- Our National Certification Committee meets monthly & will review your application to certify your business as an LGBTBE.
Thanks to our partners for your continued support of the NGLCC TGX Initiative.
Ready to Grow?
You work hard for your business, and NGLCC’s exclusive LGBT Business Enterprise (LGBTBE) certification works hard for you, giving you a competitive advantage to succeed.