National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
NGLCC Certification Committees
As a valued constituent of the NGLCC, we would like to invite you to participate in one of our most important bodies: The National Certification Committee. As you know, the Supplier Diversity Initiative offers the LGBTQ business community a nationwide certification standard for designating businesses as Certified LGBT Business Enterprises® (Certified LGBTBEs®). Applicants for LGBTBE Certification are reviewed by a third- party certification committee composed of representatives from Corporate Partners, Certified LGBTBEs and NGLCC Affiliate Chambers.
What to expect:
- Two to three committee meetings per year, each lasting approximately four hours during normal business hours from 9am-1pm ET or 1-5pm ET.
- Pursuant to the committee’s goal of determining eligibility for participation in the Supplier Diversity Initiative, the Committee will review all materials pertaining to the application including LGBT status qualifiers and legal and financial documents.
- Committee members are provided with all necessary materials to review applications during meetings.
- Background in accounting, tax, law or entrepreneurship
- Participation in Employee Resource Groups highly valued for Corporate Partner staff
- Opportunity to engage with all constituencies of the NGLCC including Corporate Partners, LGBTBE owners and Affiliate leadership
- “Sneak Preview” of brand-new Certified Suppliers as they enter the program
- One (1) free registration to either the International Business & Leadership Conference or Unity Week.
By participating in the Certification Committee, you are helping small business owners gain access to NGLCC’s resources more quickly and ensuring the vitality of the Supplier Diversity Initiative. If you and/or other representatives at your company are interested in volunteering as a member on the committee, please complete application form here. For more information, feel free to contact, Alicia Greene, Director, Supplier Diversity [email protected] (202.234.9185).