NGLCC Global Program Manager
The National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is a dynamic non-profit organization working to expand the economic opportunities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) owned businesses. NGLCC Global is the international division of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce. It is a network comprised of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) Chambers of Commerce and Business Networks all over the world. It is devoted to promoting economic empowerment as well as inclusive economic growth for LGBTI people and LGBTI-owned businesses. As a network, it builds on the strengths of each partner and shares best practices, while also developing a more thorough understanding of the challenges that LGBTI people and business owners face. NGLCC Global is currently seeking a self-motivated full-time employee to serve as Program Manager.
Primarily, the Program Manager will serve as an ambassador to current and potential stakeholders. Specifically, this will entail being a liaison to the 14 LGBTI Chambers of Commerce all over the world, facilitating communication between all members of the NGLCC Global Network, and promoting information sharing as well as the creation of new platforms to cultivate dialogue and new programs. The Program Manager will also cultivate new leads for International LGBT Supplier Registration, will maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders in a number of contexts, and will take lead on ensuring all of the needs of key stakeholders, particularly those in the NGLCC Global Network.
Additionally, the Program Manager will help lead the development and delivery of knowledge resources, including but not limited to: bilingual training materials, resources and tools that will build the capacity of global LGBTI-owned businesses and help launch affiliate LGBTI chambers of commerce, promotional materials for the division and its recurring annual events, sponsorship and fundraising resources, blogs and social media-related toolkits, training materials, resources to feature “success stories”, and more. In this, the Program Manager will take lead on generating data from grant recipients and turn those data into quarterly and annual reports, to be disseminated to NGLCC funders.
The Program Manager will directly assist NGLCC Global’s Director, as well as colleagues and management, in developing programming in relation to NGLCC and NGLCC Global’s recurring annual events. In this, the Program Manager will help oversee logistics and operations as well as helping to develop and implement substantive programming.
While working to expand the reach and impact of International LGBT Supplier Registration and NGLCC, the Program Manager will assist the Director of NGLCC Global in delivering superior customer service and programmatic support to LGBT entrepreneurs, affiliate chamber leaders, corporate partners, and other community leaders. The Program Manager will also work alongside NGLCC’s Finance, Grants, and Operations Manager to collect programmatic data and assist in preparing progress reports.
As a spokesperson for NGLCC, the Program Manager should be an effective public speaker, excel in establishing and maintaining professional business relationships, have enthusiasm about expanding opportunities for LGBT entrepreneurs, and have availability for periodic international travel. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced office environment with significant job responsibilities, including the coordination of business-focused events. To excel in this position, the ideal candidate would possess excellent customer service skills, the ability to work independently and as a team with other professionals, and the ability to manage sensitive data.
NGLCC is seeking a professional willing to make a multi-year commitment to this position, as significant training and skill mastery will be developed.
- Collect programmatic data and lead on reporting requirements (annual and quarterly) with direct supervision from the Director
- Serve as liaison to the NGLCC Global Network’s leads in the 14 countries the network operates
- Provide crucial support to NGLCC and NGLCC Global’s recurring annual events
- Help establish and implement a registration process for LGBT businesses in each country
- Help establish NGLCC-affiliated LGBTI chambers of commerce in new contexts
- Help international LGBTI businesses identify potential partnership opportunities with corporate partners and other LGBT businessesI
- Develop and deliver bilingual knowledge products, including training materials, resources, and tools, etc
- Plan and deliver live trainings, teleconferences, and webinars to in-country stakeholders and corporate partners on registration and partnering
- Provide technical assistance, regular updates, and new resources to those same target audiences
- Cultivate business relationships with potential stakeholders, including LGBTI SMEs, corporate partners, government agencies, affiliate chambers, small-business organizations, and others
- Deliver benefits of established relationships and event sponsorships
- Assist in communicating opportunities, news, and program updates to international audiences
- B.A./B.S. degree or higher
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speakers only, please. Other languages are a plus.
- Project management and organizational skills; must be able to manage, monitor, and report numerous activities throughout the year
- Must have experience or in-depth familiarity of international relations, political science, economics, and/or business
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a professional office environment, preferably in a client/account relationship management capacity or business development field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to logically solve problems and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Public speaking experience is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected] with the subject line “Program Manager, NGLCC Global."
Applications submitted without stated salary requirements will not be considered. Any questions about the position can also be directed to [email protected].
Women, ethnic minorities, LGBT people, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.
NGLCC Fellowship Program
The NGLCC Fellowship Program offers stipend positions to graduate students looking for part-time to full-time work while pursuing their studies. NGLCC currently does not have any openings for fellowships, but we update our site regularly. Please check back again soon.
In the past, we have offered fellowships in the following areas:
- Corporate Relations
- Supplier Diversity
NGLCC Corporate Partner Integrity Staffing Solutions is the NGLCC Fellowship Program Partner.
NGLCC Internship Program
The NGLCC Internship Program is designed for undergraduate students looking to collect real-world work experience. NGLCC accepts interns on a rolling basis. Interns are expected to work with every department within NGLCC to get a sense of their entire organization and expand their learning opportunities. To apply to become an NGLCC intern, click here.